Friday, February 17, 2012

It's so SWEET to be back!!

I'm back!!! It's been about 2 years since I had a blog....I can't believe how time flies! So many things were going on and I felt like I was being pulled in 11 different directions...being a mom, coaching cheer, helping run Three French Hens french market, running my business, etc. I was just never getting to my blog, but I missed it so much! Especially connecting with my other artistic, creative blogging friends!
So onto my re-birth of the blog world....here's what I'm up to at the moment.

Getting so excited about my girlfriend's bridal shower coming up in March. I'm working on the finishing touches, but I wanted to share some of the "sweet" ideas!
The bridesmaids decided on a theme "Love is Sweet"......so we HAVE to have a candy buffet, YUM!!
There are 140 guests invited and each one will get a chinese take out container to fill with lots of delicious goodies
When I heard there would be 12 tables to decorate, I had to put on my thinking cap! What could we do that would be elegant, whimsical, but not cost us a fortune?!! Hmmm, coffee filters and tea to the rescue!!! And then I saw this dress. It was the perfect combination of colors for the shower!
There will be a variety of gourmet sweets for guests to sample, so I made several pastry picks
The bride loves pink, vintage, silver, candles and photos......so I tried to incorporate as much of what she loves into the shower. I have been collecting glassware from every resale shop within a 20 mile radius. When the shop keepers see me coming, they know exactly what I'm looking for, LOL!
Since the bride cherishes photos, I couldn't pass up the idea of having a photo booth. Guests will have the opportunity to choose a hat, glasses and possibly a few other vintage items and pose with their friends for some memorable moments.

It's all in the details, right?! Cute straws to sip pink lemonade with.
So happy that Nicole asked me to be a part of her wedding. I hope she LOVES all her surprises!!

No comments: