Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Love/Hate Relationship

Does anyone else out there share my pain?  I'm not sure half the time if I love having my windows free from coverings, or if they should be draped in layers.  My ultimate fear is that once I have spent the money on yards of beautiful fabric and all the expensive hardware needed to make a proper curtain, that  it will just end up looking like a obnoxious prom gown that I will hate within a month or 2.   Not to mention, I will have to make it as well! 
I talk like this has happened before.....YES, it has!

 So I go through all the pros and cons:
PRO - I love letting the light in
CON - I hate letting the neighbors in on what I'm watching for my late night "guilty pleasure" television show.  Yes, I'm addicted to Project Runway and Dance Moms!
 PRO - I love the trim moldings and architecture around old windows, so I don't want to cover it up
CON - I don't love that anyone can see me changing in my bedroom!
PRO - Open windows allow me to watch the world around me, enjoy nature every once in awhile.
CON - Did I mention that our neighbors can see EVERY move we make?!!
 So I have basically settled for simple gathered curtains that hang from a tension rod in most of the private rooms.  I'm not sure they are my ultimate fave, but they serve their purpose and will get me by until I can find something that will suit my needs.
Anyone out there want to share their window solutions (or nightmares!)?

1 comment:

vintageandart said...

Your lacy curtains are gorgeous.